In this episode we jump into the third and fourth method for finding your desired future which are all about finding resonance and learning from your history.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Method 3 – The Resonance Method – look outside of yourself and ask what has resonated with me.
- Consider true and fictional stories that resonate with you.
- This can feel silly or cheesy, how do we get over that?
- Things you liked as a kid often reveal who you were and what you liked before you learned to edit yourself. Your neivete says something helpful about you.
- Focus on the things that most people don’t feel excited about vs things that many people resonate with (i.e., “being awesome”).
- Asking other people what they see you resonating with.
- How do you find the patterns in the data once you have generated it? What if they are difficult to spot?
- How would you adapt this method to a team? Maybe consider competitors that your team often tries to emulate. What is it about them that makes you want to imitate them?
- Customer service training that basically says, “Do what Chick-fil-A does.”
- What would Google do? book
- Are you seeing something in them that resonates with you? Or are you just being a fad-follower? How can you know when it’s one or the other?
- Team/Organizations have personalities and collective values and collective resonance.
- Method 4: look backward at history for patterns – Principle: sometimes you know and feel your way to your end destination intuitively.
- Article about Crafting Strategy and letting it emerge rather than trying to build one.
- Remember this is raw data that needs to be processed: e.g., if we value customer service, why do we have bad customer service?